Do you know about lace front wigs, which are popular and widely known in the wig industry? They come in different types and styles. If you are new to wigs or want to learn more about lace front wigs, this blog post can be a useful guide. It provides information about this type of wig and showcases some trendy lace front wig styles. Keep reading to find out more.
What is lace front wig?
A lace front wig refers to a wig that has a transparent lace material at the front, covering the forehead and natural hairline. The lace helps create a more natural-looking hairline for the wearer. Additionally, the wig hair can be styled in various ways, including curly and ponytails.
The types of lace front wigs
- Hair Material: Synthetic hair, human virgin hair.
- Hair Length: Ranging from 8 inches to 30+ inches.
- Hair Density: Available in 150%,180%,200%, and 250%.
- Hair Color: Various options including red, burgundy, natural black, honey blonde, etc.
- Hairstyles: Different styles such as body wave, straight, water wave hair, etc.
- Lace Types: HD lace, transparent lace, and normal Swiss lace.
- Wig Types: Regular lace front wigs, glueless lace front wigs.
Characteristics of lace front wigs in Upretty Hair
Using Upretty Hair's lace front wigs as an example:
- Knots are pre-bleached and hairline is pre-plucked for a more natural appearance.
- The wig has a 3D dome cap that is soft and breathable.
- It features an adjustable elastic band for a secure and stable fit.
- Made with human virgin hair.
- Offers a wide range of styles to choose from.
- Available in fashionable colors.
- It can be restyled and dyed according to personal preference.
How to choose human hair or synthetic hair?
Human hair lace front wigs are generally considered to be superior to synthetic hair wigs. While synthetic hair wigs are more affordable, they are harder to maintain and have a shorter lifespan. On the other hand, human hair wigs are easier to maintain and can last for at least 2 years with proper care. Synthetic hair wigs, even with the best care, typically last for a maximum of 1 year.
How to wear the lace front wigs?
1. Prepare your natural hair
Braid your hair close to your head or put it in a wig cap to create a flat surface for the wig.
2. Clean your forehead
Use a cotton pad soaked in alcohol to clean your forehead and remove any oils or dirt. This will help the wig adhere better.
Put on a wig cap: If you have long hair, it's recommended to use a wig cap to keep your hair in place and create a smooth base.
3. Adjust the wig cap
Position the wig cap so that it covers your entire head and hairline. Secure it in place using bobby pins if needed.
4. Put on the wig
Hold the wig by the ear tabs and start by placing it at your forehead, slightly above your natural hairline. Gently pull it over your head, adjusting the wig until it fits comfortably.
5. Secure the wig
To keep the wig in place, use the wig's internal combs or straps, which are adjustable. Make sure it is snug but not painfully so.
6. Blend the hairline
Use a comb or your fingers to blend the lace front wig's hairline with your natural hairline for a seamless look.
7. Style the wig
You can style the wig as desired using heat tools or products. Be mindful of the wig's material and follow any special care instructions.
Remember to take care of your wig by washing and conditioning it regularly, and storing it properly when not in use.
How to wash lace front wigs?
To safely clean lace front wigs, follow these steps using gentle shampoo products:
- Choose a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to use on the wig, as sulfates can damage and dry out the hair.
- Before cleaning, untangle the wig using a wide-tooth comb to soften the hair and allow for better cleaning and nourishment.
- Soak the wig in warm water for about five minutes.
- Apply the shampoo to the wig's hair, gently cleaning it without rubbing or pulling.
- Rinse the wig thoroughly with clean water to remove all traces of shampoo.
- Apply conditioner to the wig, avoiding the hair roots to prevent damage and hair loss. Leave it on for five minutes.
- Rinse the conditioner off with fresh water, ensuring no residue is left behind.
- Gently towel dry the wig to remove excess moisture, then allow it to air dry naturally on a shelf. A hairdryer can be used on a low setting with a diffuser if time is limited.
- Optionally, apply some essence to the wig to moisturize and enhance its beauty and shine.
Tips to store your lace front wigs
- To ensure the longevity of your lace front wig when not in use, follow these care tips:
- Avoid exposing the wig to direct sunlight to prevent fading and dullness.
- Store the wig in a cool place away from sources of heat and a clean environment with minimal dust.
- Store it on a synthetic head or in a sealed satin bag to maintain moisture and preserve the wig's condition.
Hope you can learn well about the lace front wigs. And if you want human hair wigs, you can choose Upretty Hair to get the various types and high-quality products.